Thursday, September 1, 2022

An RPG Thinking Space

I have a couple of different blogs, with this one being intended to have recaps of my RPG experiences as a player. As you can see from the dates and number of previous postings here, I very rarely play as a player (although I do want it and miss it...).

Beginning in the mid 1970's with "white box" D&D, I have almost always been the DM/GM when playing RPG's. And I am OK with that. Perfectly OK. And that also says something about the generation I belong to. Respect your elders...

With a huge gap between AD&D 2nd ed in ~1990 and the release of D&D 5e in ~2015, I have been fascinated with DM'ing and the world building of fantasy worlds. And as with most people who have GM'ed D&D over the years, I have my own ever-evolving home-brewed version of "my ideal fantasy RPG"...

After some fits and starts over the past 8-9 years with D&D 5e, I intend to use this as a self-focused space to discuss my thoughts on a new "final/better world" I am creating for my players to adventure in, and also my general thoughts on RPG systems and rules.

If anyone happens to stumble upon this and has a thought or opinion they would like to share, that would be great.

In the meantime, I shall talk to myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment